Saturday, October 2, 2010

Boys Like Grass Stains and Cake. (Click to enlarge!)

Tiffany gave me a photo of a cake she wanted for her little boy, Brayden, so this cake isn't by any stretch of the imagination a "Peggy original."  I'm so used to working hard to make my cakes "pretty" that the idea of making one dirty on purpose made me a little nervous.  When this cake was finished, I had to go "stain" up the shirt and the baseball.  That was so weird.  It just felt wrong.  I think my heart might have palpitated and I'm pretty sure I broke out into a cold sweat.  But alas, I summoned the courage and worked it all out.  White almond sour cream cake with whipped vanilla bean filling and icing (colored brown on the outside).  Covered with graham cracker/milk chocolate "dirt" and all fondant decor (jersey, banner, baseball).  Happy birthday, Brayden.  Thank God for little boys or all my cakes would be totally covered in flowers!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...