Sunday, December 12, 2010

Alyssa's "Winter Wonderland Sweet 16" birthday cake. (Click photos to enlarge.)

I had two really big cakes and several batches of cupcakes all due this weekend... and the cakes were both "fondant heavy," so I feel like I've caked it non-stop for the last 2 weeks.  One of my big cakes was the circus-themed cake that's pictured and written about in my prior blog entry - and the second was this "winter wonderland" themed cake for a "sweet sixteen" birthday party for my niece.  This cake was double layers of 10", triple layers of 8", quadruple layers of 6", and triple layers of 4" in white almond sour cream with vanilla bean filling and icing.  The entire thing was covered in homemade MMF and over 100 hand-decorated fondant snowflakes.  (My 12 year old little girl spent more than 5 hours hand decorating each fondant snowflake with luster dust, crystalized colored sugar, and edible pearls).  When both of these cakes were finished, everyone in the house wanted to crash.  We are completely caked out this week!  Note to self:  do NOT overbook yourself next December, Peggy!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...