Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Molly Made It! Double Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Pound Cake with Chocolate Hazelnut Drizzle


Reader Beware: I'm being "that mom" for a minute and bragging on my child. My little one baked this chocolate chip sour cream pound cake with chocolate hazelnut drizzle while I was at work (with permission, of course). I just can't help but wonder how many 13 year old girls can do that? Not only was it flawless in appearance, it was moist and delicious. When I got home the house smelled amazing. Ever had leftover cake? This entire thing was devoured. Molly is already quite the little cook and is really just a whiz with a stove; I think we can officially add the oven to her list. I'm so proud of her.

This is our favorite "go to" recipe when we want pound cake. In fact, I did a similar version of this cake not too long ago, but made mine a double chocolate chip cake (chocolate on chocolate) with a plain-Jane chocolate fudge sauce. See it pictured here on my darling little milk glass cake plate I got from Kirkland's ($40).


Click on either photo to see our cakes enlarged. Go on, I dare you! Molly might cringe and shutter at this comment, but here goes anyway: she and I are like two little baking peas in a pod.  

If anyone wants the recipe, I'm happy to share. Just holler.

Ovens on - I'll be back soon.

~ Peggy

3 comments:

  1. I'm-a-hollerin'! Please share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hollerin...can I get the chocolate Chip Pound and the triple chocolate thebloomingbakery@gmail.com
    Love your blogs by the way and Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Can you send it too to kylliesweets@yahoo.com? Thanks a bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...