These super easy chocolate chip cookies are DELECTABLE. Just because they're easy, doesn't mean taste will suffer. These are our household favorites for chocolate chips.
I love my Kitchen Aid, but we make this with our Viking hand-held mixer. Trial and error has proven that works best. ;)
2 cups self-rising flour (*gasp*)
1 and 2/3 cups firmly packed LIGHT brown sugar
1 stick (113 grams) of room temp salted butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 F
2. Toss butter into a large glass mixing bowl and beat with hand held mixer until it begins to lose its yellow color a bit.
3. Add brown sugar, mix briefly with mixer to incorporate – don’t overmix.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well with mixer. Now put the mixer away. The rest is done by hand. (Don’t worry, it’s easy.)
5. Add about half the flour, mix in by hand – batter is soft, so this is easy. Don’t overmix.6. Add remaining flour, mix in by hand – mix well, but don’t needlessly overmix.
7. Add chips, fold to incorporate.
Roll into 1" balls and bake about 10 minutes or until your desired level of “doneness.” We like to do a batch really soft and gooey, and then we like to do a batch a bit more brown and crispy. That way we have cookies for all our moods!
These warm up beautifully in the microwave for about 13 seconds each for that "just baked" taste.
Oven’s on – I’ll be back soon!