Thursday, June 30, 2011

Alaina's Ladybug Cake! (Click photos to enlarge!)


I loved the idea of making a cake for this baby’s big "First Birthday" event. Her mom, Peyton, wanted a recreation of the brilliant Sandy Thompson's (Chattanooga Cakes) ladybug cake in the same fun colors as the original: hot pink and green. Cake and ladybug were WASC with vanilla bean filling and icing, covered in MMF. All accents are fondant, including the pearl borders, which are made from a silicon mold (by First Impressions, found here). I can't tell you how much I love, love, love my First Impressions pearl molds. If you make cakes and don’t own these, I can't encourage you enough to pick some up. They’re one of the best investments you can make to neaten up the look of your work. If you want to see these babies in action, check out this perfect little picture tutorial at bakingproject.com by clicking here. And when you're done with that, feast your eyes on this birthday girl and see if you can stand the sweetness.  I dare you!
Be still my heart! How adorable is this little one?
Meet Alaina Claire!

I can't stop looking at this baby 
and her big blue eyes and her sassy boots!
I *thought* I had taken a decent photo of my cake (photo on the right, above), although no matter how many times I tried (can you say 50 photos?), I just couldn't capture the vibrancy of the colors.  Lucky for me, Peyton came to the rescue with her lovely little party snapshot (photo on the left, above). 
Smash cake!
This little cake eater, right here, is what it's ALL about!

That's all for now, but the oven's on, so I'll be back soon!

~ Peggy


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...