Saturday, August 28, 2010

Welcome Baby Henley! Willow Nursery Bedding Cake (click photos to enlarge).

This is the second cake I've done in 2 weeks that was for a baby shower, for a baby boy, and that was to be designed to match the nursery bedding.  This bedding is called "Willow" and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make this cake.  It's so easy to make a cake girly, but when it comes to doing a cake for boys, there's always a fine line between what works and what doesn't.  I debated the bow on top, and in the end, thought it fit nicely.  Buttercream icing on the outside with all fondant decor. Cake itself was WASC with two different fillings: vanilla bean buttercream and whipped caramel buttercream.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake!! I am planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law and she has picked this same bedding for the nursery. I can only hope that I am able to find someone as talented as you for her cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cake and would like to know what you used for thr deer shapes. If you used a cookie cutter, when did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The deer were cut free hand with an exacto knife. I printed a photo, enlarged it, and traced the deer onto waxed paper. Then I used the waxed paper as my template on the fondant. (You can't use paper on fondant, it sticks.) Hope this helps! ~ Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. where are you located and what does a cake like that cost my friend picked that as her theme she is having a boy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...