Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cake Update! Parker's Circus Cake!

Parker is an old “regular” of mine. I made her Dora cake last year and was excited to do her circus-themed cake this year, when she turned the big OH FOUR. 04. Yes, for half of her life, I have been making Parker’s birthday cake. Woo!

Man, this cake was way harder than I had anticipated. Trying to get that concave look in the "big top" nearly did me in. I had to stack A LOT of cakes, and ended up carving most of it away. Oh the waste. Oh the carnage! 

Parker’s cake was WASC (white almond sour cream) with vanilla bean ABC (American butter cream) filling and icing. I smoothed it using the viva method (read all about ABC and the viva method HERE) and covered it with red fondant stripes, pink fondant borders, and pink buttercream accents. The flag was gum paste (fondant with tylose added) for added stiffness, but it was so hot and humid the day of the party, you would have sworn it was made from wet noodles. Thankfully, it held up, but wow, just barely.

If Parker isn’t the cutest thing, I don’t know who is. Look at this little face just beaming, and then tell me that this isn't the BEST part of making a cake. I could just squeeze her!

Her mom, my good friend, Amanda, has an amazing knack for putting things together and is always just blowing the roof off with her party plans. Read more about her HERE, and if you’re local to the Jackson/Brandon, MS area, check out her sweetest “Little Occasions” party rental HERE or on Facebook HERE.

Happy birthday, sweet Parker!

Oven's on - I'll be back soon!

~ Peggy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...