Sunday, April 11, 2010

Heidi's Turning One (and that gets her a garden-themed "Foofa" cake)! (Click photos to enlarge.)

I made this cake for my darling little great-niece's first birthday.  Emily, her mother, asked for a "Yo Gabba Gabba" cake featuring "Foofa" (The pink character on top of the cake).  The backdrop to the Yo Gabba Gabba set is kind of grey and has a boyish, industrial look to it - so I took Foofa out to the garden to girly it up.  This cake was dark chocolate fudge with mixed layers of chocolate and dark chocolate buttercream covered in fondant.  I handpainted the fondant, then put up the fondant fence, flowers, critters, and piped a ton of greenery in different shades of green.  I didn't have a grass tip yet, so my grass is pretty lame.  This was a pretty big undertaking for my first birthday party cake.  I had a ball with it and all my growing pains became worthwhile when I saw the look on Em's face when she laid eyes on the cake for the first time.  Happy birthday, sweet Heidi!  Thanks for loving Foofa so Auntie Peggy could make this cake for you! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...